​Tips On Working With Your Insurance Company

As soon as you feel your home has incurred damage, you should contact your insurance company direct (NOT YOUR AGENT) to request an inspection.

Your insurancecompany can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.

Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have done in order to reimburse your correctly.

We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.

Once the inspection in complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.

Roof Werks offers free insurance claims assistance.

The Insurance Claims Process
• Contact your insurance company (NOT YOUR AGENT) if you feel you have a loss.
• You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or through the mail.
• An adjustor will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
• The claims adjustor should provide you with an itemized explanation or your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
• Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are actually completed. In those cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.

NOTE: all carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline.

File Your Property Claim
If you need to file your property claim you can do it online by clicking on the links that corresponds with your insurance company. We will work with ALL insurance companies, not just the companies that are listed here. For more information, please contact us today.

Acuity 800-242-7666
Allmerica 800-628-0250
Allied 800-282-1446
Allstate 800-255-7828
American Family 800-374-1111
Atlantic Mutual 800-945-7461
Bituminous 800-475-4477
Chubb 800-CLAIMS-0
Cinncinati 513-870-2000
Citizens 866-411-2742
CNA 877-262-2727
Encompass 800-588-7400
Farmers 800-435-7764
Fidelity National 800-220-1351
Fireman's Fund 888-347-3428
Foremost Insurance Co 800-527-3907
Grange 800-445-3030
Harleysville 800-892-8877
Hartford 800-243-5860
Liberty Mutual 800-2CLAIMS
MetLife 800-854-6011
Nationwide 800-421-3535
OneBeacon 877-248-4968
Ohio Casualty 800-366-6446
Safeco 800-332-3226
Selective 866-455-9969
Shelter 800-SHELTER
State Farm 800-SF-CLAIM
Travelers 800-CLAIM33
United Property & Casualty 800-861-4370
Usaa 800-531-USAA
Vanguard Fire and Casualty 866-928-4310
Wausau 800-266-2800
Zurich 800-987-3373